All SAM SELECT coaches should have a minimum of a USSF E-license.
The National E course is an 18-hour course, typically held over one weekend, which covers the elementary principles of coaching and prepares interested coaches for the National D course. The course consists of a series of lectures and field sessions, and attendance is mandatory for the full duration of all course meetings.
The National E course is open to all applicants who hold a U.S. Soccer National F license and who are at least 16 years of age.
All course work for the National E course will be completed in the Digital Coaching Center (DCC). Before the first course meeting, all candidates must complete the following assignments:
- Team Management
- Laws of the Game
- Prevention and Care / Concussion Awareness
- Develop the core coaching competencies necessary to effectively teach the 9-12 year old athlete and team.
- Understand the characteristics and needs of an athlete in the Basic Stage of U.S. Soccer's Long Term Athlete Development Model.
- Demonstrate competency in planning an age-appropriate training session.
- Understand concepts and recognize the principles of attacking and defending in a small-sided game environment.
For classes in Maryland through MSYSA click here: http://www.msysa.org/coaches/coaching_courses/